Sunday, March 18, 2012

We're Back in San Francisco

Friends, Family, and Readers –

As I'm sure you're all aware, the HU Catalyst: Queer in the Community group is back in San Francisco.

To be honest, it all feels a bit surreal to me. I was here, in this same hostel, typing away, one year ago. On one hand, I'm incredibly grateful and appreciative to be back in this gorgeous (and it really is, people–please make your way over here as soon as you can) city. On the other, I'm incredibly nervous: can I give the same experience that last year's group had to this year's? We're meeting a ton of new volunteer sites and activists, so the tenor of the trip has changed already. I can feel it.

Anyway, we are off to see the Castro today, take a tour of the LGBT History Museum, and have a discussion with a queer grant writer–which means I need breakfast! I am so looking forward to giving myself to this amazing experience.

Keep reading! Pictures and stories to come : )

Grady

No comments:

Post a Comment